Classroom Management Overview "How-to"
1) The Classroom Management Page can be accessed from the “Instructors” drop-down menu.
2) The Classroom Management Page shows:
a) Name of School (if you have access to more than one class license)
b) Total Seats Used/Total Seats Remaining in License
c) “Manage Classroom” if you wish to divide total seat count into smaller groups/classes with a single group leader/teacher
3) Add Classroom allows you to create a “sub-group” class within the “school license” Specific information regarding teacher should be added.
Password can be created as you wish.
“Available Courses” should be selected and added to “Active Courses” column with arrows.
4) Adding students to your classroom can be done in one of two ways: bulk – by way of a csv file, or individually. Click “Manage Students”.
5) To “Add Students” in bulk, click “Import List”
6) Downloading the simple CSV Template file reveals a simple file: 5 columns – firstname, lastname, username, password, email.
7) This simple CSV file can be created in Excel and saved as a csv file. The five columns are shown.
The “Password” can be unique for each student or can be a single password for each class. Your choice.
Note: for FERPA compliance, the “lastname” column may be left blank or populated with a number or letter. The “email” column may also be left blank, if necessary, however communication will be limited.
8) The CSV with student information can then be accessed (Browse) and uploaded to automatically populate the classroom with your students.
9) The Student List for that Classroom is now visible with Student Name and Username.
10) To add students one at a time, click “Add Student”.
11) Single Student information should be completed with First and Last Name, Username, and Email address.
The Password can be the same as all students or can be uniquely chosen for that student.
When finished, click “Save” to add student to Classroom Student List.
12) To view specific activity from a student:
a) Select Student Name
b) Select Course Name
c) Click “Filter” to select Student/Study Unit
13) The student’s progress in that Study Unit can be seen:
a) Overall Study Unit progress is seen in (%)
b)GREEN titles show lessons completed and date/time
c) RED titles show lessons NOT completed
d) Click arrows to access quizzes or sub-topics
e) Quiz scores shown
f) Click “Statistics” under Quiz to see the most recent score and answers.
g) If a “Certificate” is available, completion will be shown.
14) Lessons can be marked “Complete” after a timer has expired. The time allotted is the approximate amount it would take an average reader to read the lesson and view the attached videos.
15) Although there is no guarantee that the student will complete the reading and viewing, the delay before they can mark “Complete” is encouragement to use their time to cover the material that will be covered in the upcoming quizzes.
16) Quiz statistics reveal date and time student took quiz, student’s response to questions, correct/incorrect answers, time needed, and points awarded for each question.
17) If you wish to access class progress, click “Export CSV” below the “Classrooms Report” to download an spreadsheet of student activities, which shows progress by a) class, b) course/Study Unit, c) Class Average %, d) Student Name, and e) Student Completion Progress % for that Study Unit.
18) If you wish to send emails, this can be done by either clicking the envelope icon beside the individual student, or by clicking the “Email Classroom” button.
If emailing the classroom, shortcodes can be included in the email message to personalize the email.
“Student Welcome Emails” can also be sent for communication on initial enrollment.
We hope we answered questions you may have regarding how to use the
“Class Management Page” in AmPopMusic.
If we missed something, please drop us a note through the Contact page
and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.